The Citizen’s Hose Company of Jersey Shore was founded in 1956 in an effort to better the borough and surrounding area’s ambulance service that was primarily ran by the areas funeral home directors. As the needs of the community changed so did the roles and responsibilities of the department. In 1967 Citizen’s purchased its first fire engine and in 1974 we bought our first rescue truck and Hurst tool.
In 1960 a group of people formed and chartered the Larry’s Creek Vol. Fire Company in Salladasburg. The first piece of apparatus was a steel wheeled hose cart and 6 sets of T.O.G. that would be shared by the 20 members that founded the company. In 1967 Larry’s Creek bought its first fire engine and in 1977 they formed and started a QRS service.
In 2001 a group formed of the Larry’s Creek V.F.D. and Citizen’s Hose Company started working on a merger agreement between both departments and in February of 2002 both membership with support of each departments Board of Directors voted to merger both departments. The goal of the merger is to provide Fire/Rescue/ and EMS to the greater Jersey Shore Area.